IRAC Argentina is the latest is the latest IRAC Country Team to become established and held there first meeting towards the end of 2014 when the team objectives were agreed. These were the listed as:
- Investigation: research, study and development of strategies for the management of resistance
- Education: generate educational information to promote IRM to producers and technical officers
- Institutional: building relationships with governmental bodies and authorities
IRAC Argentina will work in association with CASAFE, ArgenBio and ASA
IRAC Argentina Website
- The Insecticide Resistance Management recommendations have been developed by IRAC Brazil & IRAC International and in consultation with leading local experts on Brazilian agriculture and resistance management.
- The recommendations are based on resistance management principles, whilst also considering the need to provide economical pest control. They are intended to provide the basis for developing an effective pest management program that minimizes the risk of insecticide resistance evolution.
- Although the recommendations provides the basis for developing a pest management strategy, local variations in agronomic practice, pest spectrum, crop growth dynamics, pest susceptibility…..etc, mean that adaptation to local conditions is necessary.